Oh that God would give every mother a vision of the glory and splendor of the work that is given to her when a babe is place in her bosom to be nursed and trained! Could she have but one glimpse in to the future of that life as it reaches on into eternity; could she look into it's soul to see its possibilities; could she be made to understand her own personal responsibility for the training of this child, for the development of its life, and for its destiny,--she would see that in all God's world there is no other work so noble and so worthy of her best powers, and she would commit to no others hands the sacred and holy trust given to her." -JR Miller

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Life with a newborn

Thought I'd try find a bit of time to let you know how things are going!

We're still breastfeeding, though having to supplement with formula - today has been a more settled day (mainly because I've given her more formula) we did attempt a bit of exclusive breastfeeding but she just couldn't get enough milk from me :-(

Life is not that easy at the mo, mainly due to the feeding probs I think, school work is hardly getting done (not something I'm overly worried about mind) and the children have been left to their own devices perhaps a little too often as I've been concentrating on baby. the house is a disgrace lol and the washing - well we're just about keeping up (meaning we all have clean clothes even though the baskets are heaving lol)

Saying all this - it's not stressing me out as I know that this too will pass, baby will grow up far too quickly and there will be plently of time for a sparkling clean organised house lol (though I do have to remind myself of this quite often).

So for a quick summing up I would have to say at the moment at least life with a newborn consists of housework not getting done, other children misbehaving a little more than often, me sitting on the sofa feeding all day long and lots and lots of cuddles with baby :-) which makes up for all of it!

1 comment:

Deedee said...

Enjoy your cuddles - the dust can wait! Good decision. :o)

When the dust settles and we both get used the the new routines with new babies in the house, we MUST catch up. If we are doing well it might be before summer - LOL!

Thinking of you - Deedee