Oh that God would give every mother a vision of the glory and splendor of the work that is given to her when a babe is place in her bosom to be nursed and trained! Could she have but one glimpse in to the future of that life as it reaches on into eternity; could she look into it's soul to see its possibilities; could she be made to understand her own personal responsibility for the training of this child, for the development of its life, and for its destiny,--she would see that in all God's world there is no other work so noble and so worthy of her best powers, and she would commit to no others hands the sacred and holy trust given to her." -JR Miller

Monday, April 05, 2010

Easter Fun

We've had fun this Easter, we joined woodland trust nature detectives club  and the first challenge for us was to make an easter trail, so I printed off some bunny's and the older 2 went outside and made a trail for the little 2, then I had to go and make a trail for the older 2 - it was great fun


Debs pointing to a bunny clue 

And then Bethany and Deborah with Deb's prize 




Happy with their prizes 

Then I made some Easter nests with Rebekah and Deborah - they were great little bakers - they've been baking with my Dad quite a lot while I was heavily pregnant and since the baby was born and he's trained them well heehee


And once the little ones were in bed I attempted some resurrection cookies with Bethany and Matthew - I loved the idea of using the baking as an illustration of the Easter Story, it didn't seem as though much of it was sinking in, even though the verses were quite short to read but apparantly my eldest described it all to Nanny the next day which just goes to show they're taking it all in even when it doesn't seem like it!


As you can see - my children are as mad as me haha - no calm, serious learning here - it's all about fun and making faces heehee

And here is what we ended up with - we actually didn't get it right first time, I don't think the oven was hot enough to start with, so in the morning I put the oven on to 220C until it was quite hot then put them back in, and left them until after church at which point they were done - maybe not as hollow as they should be but for a first attempt I was pretty impressed.


I have to admit with the recipe saying "cookie" I was kinda expecting a biscuit type whereas it was actually a meringue - and I discovered a nut I like - well could eat without it tasting very unpleasant - pecans!

For the recipe see this blog it has all the verses printed out which would be much easier than trying to find each one in the bible (which is what I was doing).

All in all we had a great Easter Saturday, Sunday began with an Easter egg hunt, then Bethany helped me prepare some vegetables to take down to Nanny's after church as I was planning on cooking them dinner.
And of course the highlight of Sunday for me was the fact that we managed to get to church, the first time for me in a while as I hadn't been able to get during the last few weeks of pregnancy and then as we were establishing breastfeeding etc. I felt so refreshed to be able to take part in corporate worship and hear God's word preached - I reminded myself of someone parched in a desert finally finding an oasis. It's not like I haven't been reading God's word or worshipping at home but there is something about joining with other christians - and especially as we particularly remembered that Jesus Is Alive!!!!

No comments: