Oh that God would give every mother a vision of the glory and splendor of the work that is given to her when a babe is place in her bosom to be nursed and trained! Could she have but one glimpse in to the future of that life as it reaches on into eternity; could she look into it's soul to see its possibilities; could she be made to understand her own personal responsibility for the training of this child, for the development of its life, and for its destiny,--she would see that in all God's world there is no other work so noble and so worthy of her best powers, and she would commit to no others hands the sacred and holy trust given to her." -JR Miller

Saturday, November 13, 2010

God - the master weaver

Things have been tough this week - our hallway is soaking wet so that you don't so much "walk" but "squelch" into the kitchen! This is due to the big rainstorms we had on Monday - and the fact the wind was blowing the "wrong" way - it's the rendering which is the problem - our house is privately rented so it's up to the landlord to keep the building up to scratch. We really do need to move but in order to do that you need to find a bond and one months rent up front so you are looking at having £1000 to be able to move which we just haven't got at the moment.
So this week we have spent "camping out" at my parents - which isn't so bad as they only live down the road so we can easily go back and forth to put down new newspaper to soak up the water and get clothes etc. But I've struggled a lot with feelings etc and then yesterday I managed to get to have a little look at a shop (for stocking fillers ideas) with just the baby (bliss to shop minus any "walking" children) and as I was walking home, thinking and praying with no distractions, God revealed a little of Himself to me - He really did lift me up out of my circumstances and renewed my spirit.
I don't know about you but when I have these experiences it's hard to describe, I can't quite put my finger on it but I know that God reminded me that He sees the bigger picture - He is concerned with so much more than our here and now - He is concerned with eternity- with our character and He can see the end from the beginning!
Even when we are being attacked by the enemy, God is still able to use it to our benefit - to produce the character in us that He wants, or to enable us to help someone else in a similar situation in the future - we will be able to look back as Joseph did in Genesis 45 and say to the enemy - "You meant it for our harm but God meant it for good"
It's hard and I don't believe we can do it on our own so my prayer for anyone reading this who is struggling is that God will do for you as He did for me - and lift you above your circumstances, refresh your heart and renew your hope in Him.
This morning we also got some lovely post and found my purse - which has been missing for 3 weeks! Some people would call it coincidence but I call it God's love for me - showing me He cares and is capable of taking care of all things!

2 comments:

Deedee said...

(((HUGS))) Glad you are feeling a little brighter. That four bed across from us is up for rent again and I was thinking of you.......would be so much fun to have you right across the drive way! :o) Will pray God will supply the bond! LOL! Will send those books off this week to you. Talk soon - Deedee

Sarah D said...

That would be fab wouldn't it :-) you'll have get praying hehe xx