Oh that God would give every mother a vision of the glory and splendor of the work that is given to her when a babe is place in her bosom to be nursed and trained! Could she have but one glimpse in to the future of that life as it reaches on into eternity; could she look into it's soul to see its possibilities; could she be made to understand her own personal responsibility for the training of this child, for the development of its life, and for its destiny,--she would see that in all God's world there is no other work so noble and so worthy of her best powers, and she would commit to no others hands the sacred and holy trust given to her." -JR Miller

Friday, November 26, 2010

Meeting Postponed

After my last post I was looking in my calendar and suddenly realised that we wouldn't be available on the date they gave us! I dutifully rang the number and was informed that it will now be January - big sigh of relief from me lol. Not that I mind too much about the visit but really I want to spend December looking at Christmas around the world not getting together some work to prove our education provision!
Thinking about it, I think that actually it will help inspire us and we can use our project as sample work - so it's turning out to be a good thing.

We've just subscribed to a program called Reading Eggs too, getting the books to go along with the internet site - absolutely fabulous and I think they will actually suit ALL the children - my 4 yo is loving them already!

I had a wisdom tooth out this morning so today has been a bit of a lazy day (as was yesterday because I was worried) but still children manage to be a little productive


My Mum has a wonderful Sizzix machine which cuts shapes out, she does dolls and clothes for them which the children love to dress so that kept the younger two happily occupied for a while.
I really do need to get organised though and get some interesting yet educational activities together for all age ranges - happy to hear any ideas!

No comments: