Oh that God would give every mother a vision of the glory and splendor of the work that is given to her when a babe is place in her bosom to be nursed and trained! Could she have but one glimpse in to the future of that life as it reaches on into eternity; could she look into it's soul to see its possibilities; could she be made to understand her own personal responsibility for the training of this child, for the development of its life, and for its destiny,--she would see that in all God's world there is no other work so noble and so worthy of her best powers, and she would commit to no others hands the sacred and holy trust given to her." -JR Miller

Saturday, January 01, 2011

New Date For LEA

Lovely Christmas present haha - the first day we get post after Christmas and there is a lovely letter for me with a new date for our lea visit - 17th January!

I'm not overly worried, just sometimes I think about getting everything ready and think I just don't have the energy to really get it all sorted but we have a couple of weeks! And even if I just get our curriculum books together to show what we do then it should be ok. I've already written a list of topics we have covered and prepared a slideshow of photos - I'm just gonna get the children to choose a book to read to the inspector and hopefully that will be enough!

On the plus side being known to the LEA has had some advantages already - my 4 year old was sent a book start pack and we have had a letter telling us about a special home ed event at a science museum!

I will keep you posted!!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

It sounds as though you are prepared - I'm sure all will go well. I homeschooled my son who is now 23. It was the absolute best thing! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah. We will be thinking of you on Monday - though by the time we wake up it will probably be over and done with! LOL! Maybe we will pray for you all on Sunday night before we go to bed instead!No need to worry - you will do great! :o)Talk to you soon - Deedee