Oh that God would give every mother a vision of the glory and splendor of the work that is given to her when a babe is place in her bosom to be nursed and trained! Could she have but one glimpse in to the future of that life as it reaches on into eternity; could she look into it's soul to see its possibilities; could she be made to understand her own personal responsibility for the training of this child, for the development of its life, and for its destiny,--she would see that in all God's world there is no other work so noble and so worthy of her best powers, and she would commit to no others hands the sacred and holy trust given to her." -JR Miller

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Trim Healthy Tuesdays

My friend Jo, beat me to the introduction of Trim Healthy Tuesdays!
We decided it would be great to have a day every week where we blog about our Trim Healthy Mama journey - I am working on a link up button if anyone wants to join us :-) 

What is Trim Healthy Mama? Its a book written by Serene Allison and Pearl Barrett
 


It's a revolutionary (in my opinion) look at how we eat, incorporating all food groups just not at the same time! As you probably know I have PCOS, and one of the "symptoms" is how it affects your metabolism and makes losing weight really hard work! But on this plan I have so far managed to lose a stone (14 pounds) even while "cheating" and not following it strictly! 

For a brief overlook, check out Jo's post here  

For a quick start guide, check out Gwen's blog

I haven't been sticking to it much these last few weeks with the upcoming move and fractured finger but today I managed it - had yummy cucumber boats for lunch

I will post more next week, may even share some before and so far pictures!!

No comments: