Oh that God would give every mother a vision of the glory and splendor of the work that is given to her when a babe is place in her bosom to be nursed and trained! Could she have but one glimpse in to the future of that life as it reaches on into eternity; could she look into it's soul to see its possibilities; could she be made to understand her own personal responsibility for the training of this child, for the development of its life, and for its destiny,--she would see that in all God's world there is no other work so noble and so worthy of her best powers, and she would commit to no others hands the sacred and holy trust given to her." -JR Miller

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Trusting God

I spent my first ever night on a hospital ward on Thursday night - I had noticed a tiny (and I mean tiny) bit of spotting and although I wasn't too worried I am rhesus negative which means any episode of bleeding no matter how small has to be followed by an anti d injection, so I followed the advice of my family and friends and rang the hospital. They had me in to be monitored and I seriously expected to be just one hour or 2 but after monitoring the baby (everything was fine there) and giving me the anti d, they scanned me and discovered the placenta to be low lying, so decided to keep me in as a precaution as apparantly there is most risk of another bleed within 24 hours.
I didn't really want to stay in but actually it was certainly an experience, I was telling all the other ladies there about natural family planning - I am surprised at how many women (especially when it's taken a while to get pregnant) do not want to put artificial hormones in their bodies anymore. But according to the medical profession we don't have much choice because they will not tell you about natural family planning!
I decided to use the opportunity to pray for the ladies I met and be a witness for God - not by shoving Jesus down their throats but by being open and friendly and having compassion for them and as I laid in the bed trying to get to sleep bringing each one of them before God - I share this because I believe it makes us think - I could have chosen to be miserable and upset about being in a hospital (I'm not keen on them) and that would have been my natural reaction but I thought about it and thought well I'm here so might as well make the most of it and be who Jesus would want me to be, it's the same for all of us at different times when we are put in positions we would rather not be - we always have a choice - our way and feelings or God's way!

On another note I would ask for prayer that when I go for my 34 week scan in Jan, that the placenta will have moved up so I can proceed with my natural home birth that I am planning. Thank you

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Sarah
glad to hear you & baby are well - I do pray you will have the homebirth you are praying for
LX

Helen said...

Hello Sarah, I hope you are feeling okay and I will be praying for your placenta to move. Thank you for joining my blog - I've managed to join yours too. I'll be posting some photos of our Jesse Tree when we finish it (Dec 27th today and there are still about 7 chapters to do!)and as you will see from that, my great plans were hijacked as usual!
Love, Helen

Sarah D said...

Thank you for the prayers and I'm so glad mine are not the only plans that get hijacked lol - we're still reading Jotham's Journey!

Love Sarah

Unknown said...

Praying for you....