Oh that God would give every mother a vision of the glory and splendor of the work that is given to her when a babe is place in her bosom to be nursed and trained! Could she have but one glimpse in to the future of that life as it reaches on into eternity; could she look into it's soul to see its possibilities; could she be made to understand her own personal responsibility for the training of this child, for the development of its life, and for its destiny,--she would see that in all God's world there is no other work so noble and so worthy of her best powers, and she would commit to no others hands the sacred and holy trust given to her." -JR Miller
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
OOO I'm excited - it doesn't take much ;-) I've been given an award by two lovely ladies, Leah at Homegrown babies and Jo C at Jo's boys, I have to share 10 honest things about myself and then pass the award on to 10 bloggers, so please check if I've awarded you!
1. I first made a personal decision for Jesus when I was just 6 years old and filled with the holy spirit at 8 - my Mum was shocked as I was an angelic daughter (you mean I wasn't always? lol) for about 2 weeks after which I personally feel was Gods way of letting my parents know that it was a very real experience for me - as they were learning themselves at the time about guiding others and it was a new thing a child experiencing this!
2. I have a condition called PCOS, we suffered infertility in the begining of our marriage and I took Clomid (a fertility drug) to get pregnant with our first child, but while pregnant God challenged me to trust Him for future children and He's blessed us with four more children so far, all conceived naturally and yet I still don't ovulate much!
3. I love having my feet tickled - it seriously relaxes me - my Dad used to joke you could operate on me while tickling my feet (slight exagerration) and I think all my children take after me in this respect.
4. I daily thank God for His hand on my life and on our marriage - we've not had an easy one and if it wasn't for God we would not be together - I think we've had almost every difficulty that usually leads to divorce, from financial problems to fertility problems and lots of things in between but we work together and with God and we love each other lots couldn't imagine not being together lol.
5. I've been with my husband since I was 17, married at 19, but we've known each other since I was 14 - and it wasn't love at first site lol.
6. I'm far too open - I don't mind people knowing me "warts and all" I don't put on a face when at church etc - I am who I am, like it or not. Though maybe sometimes I should keep more to myself sometimes ;-)
7. I find it very difficult to follow written instructions I have to see it in action - this is something I've only recently realised and made me understand why sometimes I can get a curriculum and it just doesn't make sense! I bought galloping the globe and it stood on my shelf for ages before I started using it because I couldn't get my head round it.
8. My parents were both born and bred in Bristol and we moved around a few times while growing up. I love moving house and new adventures - change is a good thing in my opinion. - I was born in High Wycombe, spent my infant years in Bristol, my junior years in Rochdale and my teen years in Derbyshire - dh and I also spent a couple of years in Scotland.
9. I feel very blessed to have 5 precious children so far but I try to remember they are gifts from God for me to bring up and train in His ways for a short time, not mine forever to keep (though they will forever be in my heart) I will be satisfied if they grow up and I can see them fulfilling the destiny God has for them.
10. I love to read though I don't have much time at the moment, when I get a good book I can't put it down and often stay up too late reading lol. Lori Wick is a favourite at the moment as I love reading about years ago when life, although hard was so much simpler.
Phew, that was harder than it looked haha - now time for me to give award out - looking forward to reading your answers!
I am a christian home educating Mum to 6 precious blessings, learning every day how to be a better mother and wife. On this blog I share my heart, and my journey and hope to encourage you and share great resources that I find. Please do leave a comment as I love to hear from you!
I am also sharing my account with my 2 eldest children at the moment, check out their minecraft, creative and dolls craft blogs :-)