Oh that God would give every mother a vision of the glory and splendor of the work that is given to her when a babe is place in her bosom to be nursed and trained! Could she have but one glimpse in to the future of that life as it reaches on into eternity; could she look into it's soul to see its possibilities; could she be made to understand her own personal responsibility for the training of this child, for the development of its life, and for its destiny,--she would see that in all God's world there is no other work so noble and so worthy of her best powers, and she would commit to no others hands the sacred and holy trust given to her." -JR Miller

Friday, May 14, 2010

Dealing With Sickness

We seem to be having a run of illnesses in this family over the last few weeks, it started with my son who had a sickness bug, which then travelled through the children (except baby Abigail), thankfully I managed to escape this one but just as they had all recovered I was hit by a dreadful cold - it really knocked me for 6 and drained me of all energy for a week - it's typical it happened just as I am starting to declutter and look into schedules and planning, makes me wonder if it is some kind of attack as we know the enemy doesn't want strong families and we were making changes for the good, I have been rediscovering my vision for the family and really making more effort with my "mothering", feeling inspired after listening to Nancy Campbells, Mothers with a mission CD's.
As we stand at the moment, all the children are well but I am still struggling to shake off this cold, I am having good days and bad days so am still trying to rest more than usual but get a few more jobs done than last week. I've also got toothache but after having a filling while pregnant (a very bad experience as the dentist did not numb my mouth properly and hurt me) and I'm not so keen on dentists anyway I'm trying to find a different dentist which is not easy, especially when you don't really want to go!!

No matter how I feel I will be at Carsington Water on Saturday for the above rubies picnic - am looking forward to it very much!!

No comments: