Oh that God would give every mother a vision of the glory and splendor of the work that is given to her when a babe is place in her bosom to be nursed and trained! Could she have but one glimpse in to the future of that life as it reaches on into eternity; could she look into it's soul to see its possibilities; could she be made to understand her own personal responsibility for the training of this child, for the development of its life, and for its destiny,--she would see that in all God's world there is no other work so noble and so worthy of her best powers, and she would commit to no others hands the sacred and holy trust given to her." -JR Miller

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bloom Where You're Planted

I've always loved this saying and to be honest generally related it to my immediate family, but this morning I had a fresh revelation! I would think most people reading this would know how involved in the Above Rubies ministry I am and how much I believe in home making and training our children (don't always feel like I'm doing a great job in this area though to be honest)  but I often feel saddened that there are not any other mothers who feel that way (that I am aware of) in my hometown, with whom I could meet up and be encouraged. I know many other mothers around the country feel the same. But this morning I suddenly realised while pondering this whole issue that God has put me here for a reason, to be a witness - even to other christian mothers who may not have had the same revelation regarding children and family life yet - and to build relationships with those who are around me. All the time leaning on God for the encouragement and support and utilising the internet which has provided me with much appreciated support, and praying for HIS will to be done. I'm praying that I won't waste time bemoaning my circumstances but look to God for His plans and discover what He wants me to learn.

2 comments:

Deedee said...

Oh Sarah! You are sooo right! I'm sorry that I don't live closer or that I have transport problems now......hope we can get together soon. Missing ya' - Deedee

Michele said...

Hi Sarah, So good to read your blog, we have so much in common with each other and Elizabeth Prentis. And I think I can come and visit! Praise God for like-minded friends!