Oh that God would give every mother a vision of the glory and splendor of the work that is given to her when a babe is place in her bosom to be nursed and trained! Could she have but one glimpse in to the future of that life as it reaches on into eternity; could she look into it's soul to see its possibilities; could she be made to understand her own personal responsibility for the training of this child, for the development of its life, and for its destiny,--she would see that in all God's world there is no other work so noble and so worthy of her best powers, and she would commit to no others hands the sacred and holy trust given to her." -JR Miller

Sunday, September 05, 2010

Unfinished.....

I think if I was to sum up my life this summer the apprpriate word would be - unfinished! I've made good starts on de cluttering, plannimg and scheduling but seem to run out of time to actually finish any of it!

Today my aim is to finish preparng for school which begins tomorrow! I have an idea of what I want to achieve and have planned what we do and when but it is actually reading the material and having it to hand that I have still got to do.

I'm not sure if I just take too much on or am just not self disciplined enough or its just the season of lfe with 5 young children but things are pretty difficult, my house has got out of control with the constant feeding of baby which hasn't got much better now she's teething and every night I get to hear mice in our ceiling - (we're trying to figure out the best way of dealing with this problem as regards mouse traps and children as we'd have to put the traps in the childrens bedroom as that is the floor they are under) but through it all I know God is with me and I know that these precious children are more important than a nice tidy house and I know that God is preparing a house for us and will enable us to move at the right time - I can see Him working in our life and I know I can trust Him even when everyone else lets me down!

We're also praying for a family vehicle as we are without reliable transport that we can all fit in but once again I know God can and will provide and He tells us in Matthew 6:25
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?

We have the Above Rubies Family Retreat in October which I am organising, and we have to get to Scotland for it so I am trusting that God will provide!

3 comments:

Homeschool on the Croft said...

Is it *you* organising this?! My friend and I had hoped to go, but we have a special weekend on in our church that weekend, so we can't go. we are soooo disappointed:(
Hope things settle for you soon, though. It's difficult to get lots of different things done, when there are young children. Don't fret too much about it. It will all be past so soon. I know people say that all the time - but it's true. Try and 'chill' and enjoy this time.
I don't want to sound trite, but honestly - don't be too hard on yourself.
Love, Anne x

Our Family for His Glory said...

Everything always seems a bit unfinished at our house too- no matter what you start... yes, you can have all the dishes done for 5 seconds. :)
Jessica

Sarah D said...

Yes I'm organising the family one - yes I must be mad lol just love to enable others to experience a retreat and a family one sounded fun!
I try not to get down but when it takes you half hour to tidy a living room and 5 minutes later it looks a bit like it did before you started its a little disheartening lol xx