Oh that God would give every mother a vision of the glory and splendor of the work that is given to her when a babe is place in her bosom to be nursed and trained! Could she have but one glimpse in to the future of that life as it reaches on into eternity; could she look into it's soul to see its possibilities; could she be made to understand her own personal responsibility for the training of this child, for the development of its life, and for its destiny,--she would see that in all God's world there is no other work so noble and so worthy of her best powers, and she would commit to no others hands the sacred and holy trust given to her." -JR Miller

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Tonsillitis

Yuck - I do not wish this illness on anyone!!! I started with a sore throat last Wednesday and by Thursday was feeling very ill. My Mum persuaded me to go to the doctors who promptly diagnosed tonsillitus then sent me home to rest and take paracetomal!! Maybe I should have mentioned that I had 5 children under 8 but to be honest I was too ill to really think straight, I came home and literally just laid on the sofa/bed. On Friday my hubby was working all night so I managed to get down to my Mums with the children as I was too ill to manage the children on my own overnight and we have been here ever since! I did make a return trip to the docs on Tuesday morning and they finally prescribed me some antibiotics - so finally I am beginning to feel better and we should be going home at the weekend.
Through all of this though I have learned several things -

1. I need a better household management system as in chores, I need something typed out somewhere so that even when I am ill things can still get done - all chores tend to be in my little head, and I also need to work on training children again and assigning them paticular jobs each day - I have found a great little site which had some good free charts which may help me

2. I am so very blessed and need to remember to be thankful and grateful for having parents living so close instead of feeling guilty that others need to cope on their own!

3. I need to start meal planning again, I need to look out for some good recipes that are easy to pop on in the morning ready for the evening, I will be investing in a slow cooker in the next few weeks.

I am grateful for all the prayers and suppport I have received and am happy to say that I am finally on the mend - normal service will resume soon - albeit hopefully a little more improved!


No comments: