Proverbs 14:1 The wise woman builds her house, But the foolish pulls it down with her hands.
Every year we have valentines day and you hear of all the romantic things connected with it but I like to think of it as an extra special day to remind those around me just how much they mean to me, as it can be easy to get so wrapped up in day to day living that we can forget - BUT I am so blessed with a loving husband and 5 beautiful children as yet that I want to make every day more like valentines!
I was inspired recently by Jo at Pioneer Country who wrote of her appreciation of her husband and also by the book I am reading Created to be his Help Meet by Debi Pearl to list some of the reasons I love my husband, this list isn't exhaustive there will be more but at times when I'm tempted to focus on the negative (cos surprise surprise he's not perfect) I can come reflect on this list instead
1.He's a Good husband - during the snowy weather he worked really hard keeping the drive clear and safe for us all
2.He Works hard, he's building a business up so we've got something to offer our children as they grow
3. He's a great dad
4. He's soooo generous
5. He's been there for the birth of all 5 children almost delivering 2 of them himself - I could not imagine birthing without him there
6. He's supportive of the childrens education trusting what I say about taking a relaxed approach and letting children develop at their own paces
7. He can do ANYTHING I'm not joking - if he wants to do something he researches it then can do it!
8. He is a fantastic driver I rarely worry when he is in the drivers seat
9. He looks good with a baby laid on him - it suits him so much and makes me just wanna eat him up ;-)
10. He fixes all my computer problems - he even built our last one from scratch (so so clever)
11. He makes time to play with children (or let's them jump all over him hehe)
12. Me and him together produce gorgeous children (yes I'm biased lol)
13. He often cooks me breakfast in bed
14. When he cleans the kitchen (which he does periodically) he does a better job than me!
15. He leads us in family devotions when he can
16. He's always willing to help someone in need
17. He's got good taste in cars ;-)
18.He puts up with my "occasional" mood swings
19. He's willing to admit when wrong and apologise and quick to forgive me when needed
20.We've "grown up" together I was just 19 when we married
21. He's always there for me
22. He says the greatest things sometimes - when we were struggling with infertility he used to say "if I cud go to the shops and buy you a baby I would"
23. He gives the best hugs
24. He's a great cook, when he chooses to treat us to a meal it's always yummy
There are many many more reasons I could think of but these will do for now - and I'm sure the older we grow together the more reasons I will have, I will always thank God for giving me Damian as my husband, it's true it's not always rosy, we've both made big mistakes and sometimes I do not understand why God gave us to each other but I believe in faith that He did and I will endeavour to be the BEST wife I possibly can be to him and try to remember to focus on the positive!!!
And let me encourage you to make a list - its' a fantastic idea, and can only help to build up your marriage.