Oh that God would give every mother a vision of the glory and splendor of the work that is given to her when a babe is place in her bosom to be nursed and trained! Could she have but one glimpse in to the future of that life as it reaches on into eternity; could she look into it's soul to see its possibilities; could she be made to understand her own personal responsibility for the training of this child, for the development of its life, and for its destiny,--she would see that in all God's world there is no other work so noble and so worthy of her best powers, and she would commit to no others hands the sacred and holy trust given to her." -JR Miller

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bethany's Birthday



I can't believe it - my eldest baby is now 9 years old!! And wow how fast have those 9 years gone - it doesn't seem that long since I was overcome with emotion that we were finally holding our baby after suffering with infertility for a couple of years.

People often look at us now surrounded by our 5 young blessings, and have no idea of the struggle it was to get here.

We hadn't been married very long (about 6 months) and I said to my husband "Darling, what exactly are we waiting for? We both want children so why not try?" He agreed and I came off the pill.

We had no idea that I wouldn't get pregnant, we expected, as do most young couples, that having a family was our right and it was up to us when we had children, although I had always known God and knew He was the author of life it was somehow seperated from my own fertility - except of course to pray and ask why I wan't being blessed.
It was especially difficult when others around me were falling pregnat quite easily and sometimes by accident yet it seemed so difficult for us.

We moved to Scotland, and I went to the doctors to start "tests", I had a smear test, and blood tests, an ultrasound and a laporoscopy - which involved day surgery. Nothing dreadful was found, other than an imbalance in my hormones and lots of cysts on my ovaries - I found out later that I suffer with PCOS (Polyscystic Ovarian Syndrome) so wasn't ovulating.
I took Clomid (a drug to boost ovulation) twice and the second time it worked and I was pregnant with Bethany.

I've learned a lot since then, and God has blessed me abundantly with 4 subsequent "natural" pregnancies, I don't know if He will bless us with anymore but I'm happy to recieve all the blessings He has for us!


No comments: