I thought I would write a small post on why we love home education so much. We realise it's not for everyone and we're so grateful that we are able to keep our children with us all day - here are just some of the reasons (I'm sure I could find a LOT more) they are in no particular order just some thoughts
1. No rushing around in the morning for the "school rush"
2. Holidays whenever it suits our family and budget
3. Our children get to learn at their own individual paces, in their own styles.
4. We can make our learning relevant to everyday life - for example we're learning about canals as we are going on a canal boat daytrip soon
5. No bullying to deal with (well not outside the family ;-)
6. We get to see character issues as and when they happen and deal with them quickly.
7. I get to learn alongside my children - and I'm learning a lot more than I did at school!!!
8. Our children are used to being around each other the majority of the time - there's no adjustments for school holidays etc
9. Our children are happy to play together - there's no age segregation (too cool to play with little ones etc)
10. We can school year round if we desire, no long breaks during which our children may forget some of what they learned.
Well there you have it a few reasons why we've chosen home education, there are many more and it is one of my favourite subjects :-) I'm always happy to talk about it.
Outdoor Hour Challenge – Signs of Winter Mammals
6 hours ago