Oh that God would give every mother a vision of the glory and splendor of the work that is given to her when a babe is place in her bosom to be nursed and trained! Could she have but one glimpse in to the future of that life as it reaches on into eternity; could she look into it's soul to see its possibilities; could she be made to understand her own personal responsibility for the training of this child, for the development of its life, and for its destiny,--she would see that in all God's world there is no other work so noble and so worthy of her best powers, and she would commit to no others hands the sacred and holy trust given to her." -JR Miller

Saturday, April 06, 2013

Broken finger

Ok, so I have decided that maybe I have a higher pain threshold than I previously thought!
After struggling all day yesterday, when my husband arrived home he said (again) that we should get my hand checked out, I had thought that there couldn't be anything broken cos I could make a fist! But when I caught my little finger the pain was as bad as when it first happened so I figured he was right and as we were at my parents it was easy to leave the children there!
Well, I say easy, they were a bit unsettled at the thought of mummy going to hospital as this was a first - other than pregnancy Mummy doesn't really "do" hospitals, in fact last time I went to accident and emergency for me was when I was aged around 8!!

So, off we drove and had a good laugh with the receptionist at the lengths we go to with 6 children just to get a date night ;-)
They sent me off to be xrayed then it was waiting again, once we were called in the doctor showed us the X-ray and how I had a clean break right across my little finger!
So, now I am all bandaged up with an appointment to go to the fracture clinic next week!
I am not sure how I am going to manage as it's my right hand but am thankful it's the weekend so my hubby is around to help

No comments: