Oh that God would give every mother a vision of the glory and splendor of the work that is given to her when a babe is place in her bosom to be nursed and trained! Could she have but one glimpse in to the future of that life as it reaches on into eternity; could she look into it's soul to see its possibilities; could she be made to understand her own personal responsibility for the training of this child, for the development of its life, and for its destiny,--she would see that in all God's world there is no other work so noble and so worthy of her best powers, and she would commit to no others hands the sacred and holy trust given to her." -JR Miller

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Gardening

Hands up if, like me, you are a complete novice wannabe gardener!

Thankfully one of my sisters has gained some gardening experience over the last few years so I have appointed her my gardening guru!

We recently moved to a new house and
one of my favourite things about it is the garden - lots of open playing space but also a good part for growing!

I thought that I would share my gardening journey with you, in the hope that you would be inspired and encouraged to have a go yourself!
Even just getting a few pots and growing some beans - or grow bags and potatoes (seriously soooo easy) it is so rewarding!

Our journey started last Sunday, we had some family round, donned spades and gloves and started clearing away the weeds*

*definition of a weed - anything you do not want in your garden!!

Good quality tools are recommended and, on the advice of my sister I invested in a spear and Jackson digging spade - at £25
it wasn't exactly cheap but it came with a 15 year guarantee so I am thinking long term, plus you could feel the difference when digging - it really did make the job easier and more of a pleasure.

After being inspired on Saturday at the Learn Free home educating conference I incorporated some nature study, where we looked up some of the flowers names, studied worms and planted some cress for the windowsill!






FAMILY HELPING OUT




GARDENING TOOLS




REST TIME






NATURE STUDY


No comments: